Overview: The Regional Data Support Specialist is responsible for critical functions surrounding data collection, database management and reporting for Kansas City-based programs that are funded by the Missouri Office of Refugee Administration (MO-ORA).
They will work as part of a state-wide team to understand reporting requirements and design systems to meet reporting needs. Prior knowledge of databases, their structure, maintenance and reporting capabilities is essential.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related area, or equivalent experience preferred. Effective interpersonal and communication skills. Must have knowledge of and the ability to adhere to confidentiality standards. Experience working in diverse workplace or with diverse cultures strongly encouraged. Knowledge of refugee systems and services strongly preferred.
· Participating in database evaluation team to select a statewide database
· Creation of data collection processes that satisfy reporting requirements
· Assure quality by means of developing error checks and internal quality controls to verify the validity of data; monitoring quality of entered data
· Assist in migrating existing data between existing systems and new database system
· Data entry, uploading of reports to SharePoint
· Advise and assist in training staff on the use of the new system
· Assist in evaluating and finding missing data
· Timely and accurate submission of reports
· Troubleshooting problems associated with data input, collection and reporting
· Coordinating and collaborating with MO-ORA staff and other Regional Data Support staff on data and reporting issues
· Participation in the creation of a user and administrative manuals for the selected statewide database
· Performing other related duties and activities as appropriate
· Some regional travel required
For interest in applying please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org