Job Developer – End Dependence Kansas
Overview and Purpose
Supervision of EDK Job Developer and Employment Specialist. Meet with VR counselors, clients and their families to complete intake process, and provide case management for EDK referrals.
- Develop relationships with employers.
- Provide support & teach individuals with significant disabilities to find employment in the community.
- Assist clients with resume development, cover letters, and job applications..
- On-site support to learn new job.
- Paperwork for reporting.
- Negotiate with employers to carve/customize jobs to match clients’ abilities and skills.
- Conduct employment readiness workshops with clients.
- Develop relationships with referral sources.
- Follow-along support upon placement to ensure retention.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education, Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work or related field required.
- Two years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities required.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
Light, exerting of up to 30 pounds of force occasionally / frequent exerting of up to 10 pounds of force. May require carrying up to 30 pounds (laptop computer, printer, case files) while working in the community. Requires standing and walking to a considerable degree
- Delivers competent level of services and best practices to clients and team for the desired result of clients securing employment in a reasonable amount of time.
- Able to highly perform administrative duties.
- Communicates intentions, ideas and feelings to the work involved, openly, directly and with tact.
- Welcomes openness and honesty, even in difficult situations.
- Admits mistakes and speaks honestly.
- Maintains confidentiality and behaves ethically in all situations.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, stays focused and productive under pressure, and meets attendance requirements.
Decision-Making & Problem Solving
- Analyzes situations to get to the root causes of problems.
- Develops and implements step-by-step solutions to problems, understands the business context in which problem solving occurs, and develops pragmatic solutions.
- Is open to and develops new and creative solutions to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Is receptive to new ideas from co-workers and supervisors.
- Adapts and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Understands and appreciates different and opposing perspectives on an issue without defensiveness.
- Adapts one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and easily accepts changes in one’s own organization or job requirements.
- Copes well with the unexpected, tolerates risk, and accepts and accommodates shifting priorities.
- Recognizes and acts upon present opportunities, acts quickly and decisively.
- Pursues improvement opportunities without prompting.
- Sets and demonstrates high work standards, takes on additional responsibilities as either requested or as personally identified as needed.
- Works cooperatively with others, desires to be part of a work group rather than working separately or competitively.
- Actively contributes to program/agency goals by sharing information, ideas and suggestions. Collaborates ideas and opinions in meetings and with others.
- Helps prevent and resolve conflicts. Works effectively with other programs/
- departments as appropriate.
- Develops positive working relationships and supports decisions made by the work group/program
- and/or leader/supervisor.
- Keeps others appropriately informed and acts respectfully of others and their duties to contribute to program/department/agency success and cohesiveness.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to client needs.
- Takes personal responsibility for following through on inquiries and requests.
- Anticipates client needs.
Maintains clear communications with clients, and monitors client satisfaction.
- Corrects problems promptly and non-defensively.
- Expresses positive views of clients and acts consistently to meet clients needs.
*Consumer refers to program participants, customers, referrals, partners, funders, board members, guests and volunteers.