Successfully promote and support the mission of JVS by providing day-to-day support for programming that serves refugee populations in the Kansas City area through agriculture Assist the Global Gardens Program Manager in weekly upkeep of garden sites, including watering, weeding, tilling, mowing, inventory and other garden maintenance. Assistance with data entry, monthly workshops, organizing garden tours, field day preparation, and farmers’ market set up and tear down, as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
At least 18 years of age with gardening, horticulture, farming, or landscaping experience in an urban environment is preferred but not required. Have a willingness to work with a variety of cultural, ethnic and linguistic backgrounds.
Position requires use of personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement. Valid driver’s license, insurance, and clean driving record is required. Use of cell phone is also required with partial reimbursement by agency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to comfortably lift up to 40 pounds repeatedly and undertake physically demanding gardening work.
· Experience with vegetable gardening.
· Ability to work with people from diverse economic, social and political backgrounds, respectfully and with patience.
· Experience teaching and working with community groups.
·Ability to work effectively with little supervision.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and internet-based communication.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule (including evenings and weekends when necessary)