The Immigration Department is responsible to provide direct service to refugees and immigrants qualified and eligible for benefits being sought. Responsible for compliance with all applicable rules and regulations and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks related to immigration services and procedures as assigned.
High school diploma
Knowledge and experience about immigration law and procedures preferred.
- Responsible for community outreach to identify legal permanent residents who are 60 years and older and have lived in the state of MO for the last five years who need support obtaining their citizenship
- Assist elderly refugees and immigrants in applying for and securing US Citizenship
- Assisting elderly refugees and immigrants in obtaining benefits, such as Medicare, if eligible
- Assisting New Americans in understanding benefits and recognizing fraud
- Support clients in enrolling in citizenship classes and/or one on one mentoring
- Cultivate relationships with medical professionals to support acquisition of medical waivers, as needed
- Utilize JVS database to complete accurate documentation regarding services provided
- Assist in completing monthly reports to Bilingual International Assistant Services (BIAS)
- Assures all client files are maintained in a confidential and secure manner
- Assist clients with the immigration process by explaining required documents for appointments
- Support Immigration Department with completing clerical tasks such as processing mail, scanning and shredding documents and following up with client referrals
- Other duties as assigned.
Good oral and written communication skills
Time management and organization skill
High customer service skills
Basic computer skills
Position is part time 16 hours per week.
Job Type: Part Time