Hours: 35-40 hrs. /week
Description: Under the USCRI AmeriCorps program, the Volunteer Coordinator will collect and track volunteer data (hours, activities, and clients served) through a volunteer management data system and will submit quarterly performance reports. They will also engage in outreach to the refugee communities and others such as; schools, churches, businesses, social service providers, etc. In addition, they will coordinate the Refugee Immigrant Forum and analyze agencies capacity, strength and challenges regarding volunteer management.
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Work with JVS staff in identifying individuals and families needing help
- Provide orientation to refugees participating in the volunteer program
- Input data in Penelope
- Update the excel worksheet to track volunteers duties and hours
- Identify appropriate materials volunteers will use for ESL
- Engage in outreach effort informing groups about JVS- who we are, what we do and how they can get involved.
- Conduct annual winter coat drive, school supplies drive and first aid kits drive.
- Assist in awareness programs such film screening, refugee trip to the zoo, refugee trip to the museum and other engagements with stakeholders and refugee communities.
- Work with JVS staff to develop volunteer opportunities.
- Speak, read and write fluent English
- Can work independently with volunteers and refugee clients, with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- Willing to work in a hectic, sometimes unpredictable environment
- Flexible, in terms of clients being on time for appointments
- Has own transportation
- Willing to go to refugees’ homes and/or monitor volunteer activities
- Have a basic understanding of services and programs offered by JVS
- Attend the Refugee Immigrant Forum and Refugee Stakeholders meeting