Part time, 20 hours per week
Flexible schedule with some evenings and weekends
Develop strategies to engage the broader community into the work of JVS. Train volunteers in overall agency activities. Match volunteers with all JVS programs and services. Represent JVS to other agencies, community partners. Collaborate with other JVS staff to executive community engagement events.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Public Administration, or Social Services. At least 3 years of experience working with diverse client populations.
- Recruit, train and place volunteers in all agency programs and services.
- Coordinate with all JVS staff to identify needs for volunteers.
- Coordinate with outside agencies for larger volunteer opportunities and create one-time events for volunteer participation.
- Develop community engagement events to bring interested individuals in contact with JVS and our work.
- Manage donation pickup scheduling.
- Organize drives to collect items needed by clients (coats, shoes, school supplies, etc.)
- Write and distribute monthly volunteer newsletter
- Track data about volunteer activity and community participation
- Supervise AmeriCorp Vista Volunteer
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Conflict resolution
- Communication JVS mission to diverse audiences
- Demonstrates culturally competent respect for all clients and guests through verbal and non-verbal behaviors and assists them as needed.
- Maintains positive work relationships, demonstrates cooperation with peers and supervisors, and contributes to a team environment.
- Demonstrates willingness to successfully resolve issues, problems, and dilemmas with other staff; resolves conflict with other staff directly.
To apply for a position, please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.