JVS Front Desk Receptionist
Hours: 8:00 to 4:30, M-F
Front desk for busy nonprofit agency that serves a diverse population including individuals with limited English proficiency and/or disabilities.
- Greet all incoming visitors, clients and staff and ensure proper sign in/out procedures are followed.
- Receives and refers clients/visitors to the appropriate staff member requested
- Answers, screens and refers telephone calls to members of staff upon request.
- Provides basic guidance to navigate JVS services, including completing referral forms, applications, etc.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including receipting checks
- Manages online fax account
- Check in out agency equipment and vehicles
- Accept all incoming vendor deliveries (UPS, Office Depot, FedEx, etc) and direct to the proper person or area.
- Maintain agency Google calendars
- Maintain public spaces, including reception area, waiting room, children’s play room.
- Maintain break room including daily coffee, replenishing supplies.
- Provide clerical and data entry assistance to departments, including mailings, label making, typing envelopes, completing forms, entering data in the computer
- Other duties as required.
Employees are regularly required to sit; talk and hear, in person and by telephone; use hands to feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 10 pounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2 years customer service and/or administrative duties required
- Demonstrates culturally competent respect for all clients and guests through verbal and non-verbal behaviors and assists them as needed.
- Good written and oral English communication skills.
- Analyze and solve office support problems generally of a recurring nature
- Demonstrated proficiency with software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in daily work activities
- Works cooperatively with staff to ensure all duties are covered
Please submit resume if you are interested in applying.