Under indirect supervision, provide specialized employment services to eligible persons with disabilities. Assist unemployed and/or underemployment to transition into employment and self-sufficiency.
- Develop relationships with employers.
- Provide support & teach individuals with significant disabilities to find employment in the community.
- Assist clients with resume development, cover letters, and job applications..
- On-site support to learn new job.
- Paperwork for reporting. Enter client information into EDK database.
- Negotiate with employers to carve/customize jobs to match clients’ abilities and skills.
- Conduct employment readiness workshops with clients.
- Develop relationships with referral sources.
- Follow-along support upon placement to ensure retention.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Education, Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work or related field required.
- 2 years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities required.
- Advanced verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of occupations, job skills, and labor trends.
- Knowledge of community to develop and monitor community employment sites
- Sufficient computer skills for data entry and work processing.
- Able to operate a motor vehicle. Must possess a valid Missouri or Kansas driver’s license and have valid and acceptable auto insurance coverage.
Please forward a copy of your resume if you are interested in applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.